Interior detailing involves cleaning the inner parts of a vehicle.
Outer beauty is nothing compared to inner beauty. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that interior car detailing requires more effort and time than exterior detailing. A dirty interior cabin not only has a bad odor, but also adds to operational complications.
Dirty air exhaust spreads allergens about the cabin; stain and grit causes switches to fail; and hazy windows can obscure the view of a driver. In that case, cleaning a car’s interior is more than just washing with water and soap.
Depending on the car detailer you visit, there are different ways to do interior car detailing. However, the standard processes include:
- Vacuuming – The first step to cleaning the interior of a car includes vacuuming seats, headliners, rear cargo area, trunk and shelf. To get the best out of vacuuming, floor mats and the vacuum should be cleaned separately. As for the difficult areas that cannot be reached using a vacuum, an air compressor can be used.
- Brushing and Steam Cleaning – This is used to clean carpets and mats. A thorough scrubbing is done on the mats in order to remove any stains and blemishes that may have accumulated over the past years. To be more effective, a steam-cleaner should be used. However, carpets should be left to dry completely to avoid mildew.
- Glass Cleaning – A glass cleaner is used to clean the glass. It ensures that the glass remains sparkling and ensures the driver’s view is not obstructed.
- Leather Trimming – A leather cleaner, saddle soap and leather soap are used to clean all the leather parts. As for the soapy areas, a damp cloth is used to remove the excess soap. If the leather is dry, a conditioner customized for leather can be used to make cleaning more efficient.
- Re-Vacuuming and Wiping – Re-Vacuuming is important just after vacuuming. Any dirt left in the interior cabin is removed. Dashboards and windows should be wiped clean with a clean cloth using a cleaning detergent. After all this is done, a car’s original shine is restored.
- Perfuming – Finally, to leave the car with a good scent, a deodorant is used in the car.
Why Auto Shine Detailing?
Whether the inside is “trashed” or just “needs a good cleaning”, our Interior Auto Detailing technicians will treat all the cloth by vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing, extracting, and any other professional means necessary to remove stains and grime – including water-base dyeing the carpet at no extra charge. Our complete interior auto detailing services include that all of the dash, center console, door panels, headliner, windows, compartments and vents are obsessively cleaned to ensure every nook and cranny is consistent to our final inspection quality standard.
Use the quick links in the menu to book an appointment at your Auto Shine Detaling store today!
- Shampoo all carpet and upholstery
- Hot water extraction on all carpet, upholstery & floor mats
- Clean all surfaces & crevices using compressed air, fine brushes, soft cloths and specially formulated cleaners
- Instruments & panels
- Windows & sunroof
- Cup holders
- All knobs, switches & dials
- Vents & louvers
- Seat belts
- Steering column
- Door handles
- Door handles
- Glove box & compartment interiors
- Head liner
- Seat tracks
- Spare tire & compartment
- Keys & fobs
- Leather is treated & conditioned with PH balanced solution
- Navigation & video screens delicately wiped to provide streak free clarity
- Premium interior dressing applied to enrich tone of all surfaces